Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Fallas it's a typical Valencian celebration/tradition in which burning monuments of paperboard and wood, Fallas are an escultures made and painted by hands.
A part of last Fallas i went to my village (Requena) to visit my grandmother, my uncles and my cousins. In Requena i met the friends of my cousins.
An other part i stay at Valencia with mi friends.
In Fallas i eated "friters" with chocolate, launched firecrackers, and a lot of more things...
The last day i can't saw burn any "Falla" because i don't like Fallas, i like the holidays of Fallas!
Like every year, the best Falla wins a prize, this year the winner was Nou Campanar, because is the most expensive Falla of all.
This year i don't saw many Fallas, because i don't stay at Valencia enough.
In my opinion i like the Fallas because in Fallas i have holidays, but, i don't like the tradition because the monument and the "ninots" are more pollulants (and this contributes to Greenhouse Effect) and are more expensive.
Links: Fallas, Wikipedia and me.

No comments: